Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Casa de Birthday!

According the way our planet rotates, the world is in a similar state to many rotations ago, when I sprung forth from some private parts.

Daaaaaaaaamn son! I'm turning the 24. Sure, why not? I'm not going to be one of those people who lament their age no matter how old. That grass looks greener due to my poor eyesight.

24 is a cool age, sure. It carries more experience than the early 20s but also lets people know you've had time to figure out what kind of asshole you want to be.

What if every year of my life was an hour in a day? I would be asleep until 6am, then bitterly awoken to go to school. Once there, I find school isn't so bad except for most of the classes and people. It would be a long day at school, letting out at 6pm! Time to live life! Except somehow during my last class of the day I fumble my way into an after-school tutoring program. It's another four hours, but it's cool because I get to learn whatever I want. Like learning to pretend I want to do one thing for the rest of my life! I'm bored by 9 o'clock with an hour to go, so I search the internet and read the Wikipedia entries on stand-up comedy and marijuana. That explains what I do at 10pm, for the next two hours.

So I've been learning. Learning what a comedian is, and what it means to walk down that path. It means living a life both in an out of the rat race, forgoing security and stability for opportunity and freedom. It means constant reminders of the low, low chances of success. And mostly, it means having many annoying and awkward conversation with people about being a comedian.

"HEY! WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE COMEDIAN LET ME TELL YOU MINE IT IS (CRAPPY COMEDIAN)! THEY ARE SO LOLZ! YOU CAN USE THIS IN YOUR ACT!!"

No.

No I can't.



See Miami's most eclective stand-up show here in Miami, and celebrate this life that I turned out to be at:
CASA DE HAHA is June 16th, Tuesday, 9pm, @ Sweat Records.

No comments: